The late great emcee the Notorious B.I.G. was murdered on March 9th, 1997 at 24 years of age. Since the untimely death of Big, who is considered the greatest rapper of all time by many, the autopsy report has never been uncovered until now, as TMZ has obtained the complete report 15 years after the rappers still unsolved murder.
As reported by TMZ, the autopsy report confirms Biggie, real name Christopher Wallace, was shot a total of 4 times in a drive-by shooting in L.A. while he sat on the passenger side of a Chevy Suburban.
According to the autopsy report obtained by the publication, 3 of the 4 shots were not fatal.
Read TMZ’s the break down of the report:
- Gunshot #1 struck B.I.G. in the left forearm and traveled down to his wrist.
- Gunshot #2 struck B.I.G. in the back, missed all vital organs, and exited through his left shoulder.
- Gunshot #3 struck B.I.G. on his outer left thigh and exited through his inner left thigh.
- After Gunshot #3 exited the thigh, “the projectile strikes the left side of the scrotum, causing a very shallow, 3/8 inch linear laceration.”
- The fatal bullet was Gunshot #4, which entered B.I.G.’s body through his right hip and ripped its way through several vital organs, before coming to rest in his left shoulder area.
- The bullet perforated B.I.G.’s colon, liver, heart and the upper lobe of his left lung.
Immediately after the shooting, B.I.G. was rushed to Cedars-Sinai hospital, and an emergency thoracotomy was performed, but it was too late, and they were unable to save the rapper as he was pronounced dead at 1:15 AM.